Sunday 2 March 2008

Self Indulgence

From the Mumsnet Crafters Blog :
"Everyone needs a little me time, a little self indulgence. Crafting is no exception because though you love to craft it isn’t always something for you. Its something to sell, a gift to make for a friend, another thing for the kids. When was the last time you actually sat down and made something just for you? Made something for the sheer joy of your chosen craft ? The challenge is to put on your favourite CD, sit in the middle of your crafting space, and see what the music inspire you to do. Go on be selfish and make something for you and you alone."

So today I hid myself away in the conservatory, put on my MP3 player with it's eclectic range of music and rifled through my beady stash. I have a couple of lovely focal lampwork beads made by Tania Grey so I decided today to stop just looking at them and to actually make something!


This focal is a whopper, a really heavy encased bead with swirly purples, green leaves and tiny pale purple & white flowers. I put it with opaque lilac, lime green and clear seed beads and it's just for ME!


(sorry if the colours appear wonky - I am having trouble with my PC monitor)

2 comments:

Suzanne Vaughan said...

I really like it Whizz!

Lucykate Crafts... said...

i adore the colours on this one, it has a real vintage feel to it